Bahrain Bourse supports the UN Sustainable Development Goals and the UN Sustainable Stock Exchanges Initiative. As part of our sustainability practices, we recognize our responsibility to help protect the planet and minimize environmental impact as an organization.
In this statement, Bahrain Bourse commits towards:
- Complying with all relevant environmental legislation and regulations in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Integrate ESG considerations and environmental practices into work practices at all levels.
- Manage and mitigate the direct environmental impacts of our internal operations and reduce our energy usage and carbon footprint.
- Ensure the environmental targets and objectives are aligned with local and regional environmental targets and international goals, including the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs), UN Sustainable Stock Exchange Initiatives, and World Federation of Exchanges recommended guidelines.
- Apply the principles of sustainability in our procurement practices.
- Provide internal staff training to enhance environmental awareness and encourage our employees to understand the importance of incorporating environmental considerations within their day-to-day business operations.
- Monitor and continuously improve our environmental practices.